From World Leader in Underground Blast Design Software
Aegis Designer was developed by the mining company iRing Inc. in 2014. It is a standalone mining application that provides automatic ring generation, intuitive editing, effective pattern optimization and advanced forecasting. Aegis Designer is used for the creation and editing of every aspect of ring design, including drilling, loading, priming, timing and slot design. Using detailed cost metrics each ring design can be compared and optimized to provide more effective patterns resulting in cost savings. Designer comes with fully customizable reports and IREDES export capabilities.
Designer integrates with a geological block model to enhance ring design, with dynamic real-time slicing of the block model in multiple views simultaneously. Planners can consider ore grade while they make design tweaks to rings superimposed on the block model.
Mines can store rock, explosive, drill and other data in an integrated database. Actual muck pile data and cavity wireframes can be imported to compare blast predictions to actual results to help further refine and optimize the process.
- Proprietary, leading edge, and customizable algorithm will rapidly design entire stope patterns, even complex scenarios.
- Intuitive, customizable interface.
- Customizable, dockable window arrangement supports the use of multi-monitor displays.
- Slot pattern designer.
- Automatic drill placement module.
- Allows for the modeling of several blasts.
- Blast sequencing and timing can be generated automatically.
- Synchronized multiple 3D and 2D views or the ore body and ring designs.
- Integrates with a geological block model to enhance ring design.
- Offers dynamic real time slicing of the block model in multiple views simultaneously.
Aegis Analyzer is an add-on module for Aegis Designer and provides advanced blasting tools. A mining engineer can see the 3-dimensional consequences of ring design decisions. Analyzer allows several approaches to be compared for the same problem. Analyzer offers a looking glass into the rock mass being blasted, and uses proprietary blasting models for excavation cavity prediction. It also allows for leveraging of Cavity Monitor Surveys from prior blasts or volume/tonnage records to generate projected break cavities for future blasts. Analyzer redefines the term “reconciliation” by distilling the complex 3D nature of blast cavities into a simple match percentage value. Comparison results are incorporated into Aegis’s customizable reports.
The software enables mine planning engineers to accurately cost out an entire blast, from the products used to the associated drilling costs, and proceeds to organize these costs into spreadsheet-style cost models. Aegis can create multiple models, linking different cost rules to identical products. The toolset can track costs over time, compare against historical costs, and set up cost rules per hole, per ring, per stope or per length drilled basis. Analyzer allows a mine to adapt to changing market conditions quickly and effectively to cope with constantly changing ore values.
- Follow-up prediction with a cavity comparison tool.
- Compare actual versus predicted excavation cavities in order to better refine future predictions.
- Tracks costs over time and allows for comparisons against historical costs on a per hole, per ring and per stope.
- Allows for numerous number of costs models to be created and compared.
Aegis Break Analyzer
iRing INC. has developed a new technique for analyzing/diagnosing blasting patterns based on a stress reflection principle and a unit charge blasting geometry. In addition to five analytical blasting calculators, there is one main Blast Design workflow. The intent of providing these tools to underground blasting operations is to allow engineers and planners the ability to see the effects of explosive types, rock/ore parameters and stress generation on ring blasting as well as discovering how varying specific parameters and properties of both explosives and rock/ore types influence blast pattern design. A very strong and capable leaning tool.
- Uses both explosive detonation state and explosion state parameters to calculation radial break for an infinitely confined unit charge
- Determines the reflection point position between dynamic compressive strength and dynamic tensile strength
- Calculates the hyperbolic break for a free face based on blasting pattern parameters of hole diameter, spacing distance and burden distance
- Computes break angle, break tonnage, hyperbolic powder factor and hyperbolic energy factor
- Provides an evaluation table for ranges of Break Overlap in both the spacing and burden dimensions, position of the Reflection Point, Ratio of Radial Break and Burden Distance, Break Angle, Powder Factor (Mass) and Energy Factor (Mass).